Saturday, October 30, 2010

babies (as in baby dolls)


I just love watching Lily play with her babies. It's especially interesting for me because I never really got into babies. I remember having them and going over to friend's houses that had them and always wanted to play with them. But I never really understand what the fun of baby dolls was.

In the past couple weeks, Lily has just become really intent on her baby dolls. She is pretty much always seen around the house pushing one of them in the stroller or wrapping them in blankies or patting their backs or putting them to bed.

Right now as I type I can hear lily sitting in her bed for nap time talking to her baby. Here's the conversation:

"It gonna be OK bebe, oh bebe....oh bebe....oh bebe, don't cry baby. It's gonna be OK. I'm with you baby. your mommy is gonna be home soon. I'm sorry baby. Sorry baby but it's broken (i have no idea what she is talking about). But it's ok baby. You must be tired baby. You are really tired baby. I'm going to put you to sleep baby. I'm wit you. I'm wit you baby. I'm your friend. Mommy is my friend."

SOOOOO PRECIOUS!!! I wish I could just bottle up this moment.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is the best ever.