Monday, June 14, 2010

Noah, mornings, and tape belly



While I am thinking about it, I need to document some funny stories.

Yes my life can be stressful. Yes, my life can be really overwhelming. Yes, there are many days when I just want to run out of the house just so I can breath. But one thing my life is not, is boring. Isaac and Lily sure do keep me entertained these days. So many sweet and funny moments amidst so much chaos.

here's a few of my favorites of late:

1. About early mornings...

for some reason lately I have been DEAD tired in the morning. Usually the kids get up at around 7. Yesterday isaac came in our room at 7 and dan and I were still so tired we could barely talk, so he just curled up like a little kitty cat by my feet for another half an hour...AWESOME...and super cute. Lily has been sleeping until 8 or 9...a miracle. But, this morning at like 6:30 I hear all this pounding and banging and yelling...I was not happy. I looked at the monitor for isaacs room and I see him running in circles around his room with Bear (the dog), banging on his door, and pulling a mini lamp around the room by the cord. Then I realize lily is up too because isaac must have woken her up. Then Isaac runs down the hallway to my room (still holding onto the cord of the lamp, dragging the lamp behind him, bursts into my room and declares, "MOMMY...I'm hungry...and thirsty...it's time to get up." Not a good start to the day for me.

2. The other day we were playing in the basement and Isaac found a plastic animal. He asked me what it goes with. I told him that it was from Noah's Ark. He got a serious and concerned look on his face and said, "Mommy...we need to make sure that we give that back to Noah." One of Isaac's good friends is named Noah. He was thinking that we had his friend's toy. So then I said, "Oh, no Isaac, not that Noah. Do you remember when we read in the bible about Noah and the big boat with all the animals and all the rain? We have a little toy boat to remind us of that story and there is a little Noah on that boat." And he looked at me in a very puzzled sort of way and said, "How did he get out of the bible?" So so so sweet. I just melted as I looked at his little face.

3. The other day I was cleaning in the basement and Isaac and Lily were playing. As I was vacuuming the stairs I looked over and saw Lily putting her sit-n-spin up on top of the childrens table i have in the basement. My first reaction was to run over and grab it from her, but then for some reason I decided I would just watch and see what she would do. So then she proceeded to climb up onto the table, sit on her sit-n-spin and spin herself round and round. It was so cute...and just so Lily.

4. A couple weeks ago I was driving back from Ohio with the kiddos in the car and just me. Bear had stolen some of lily's snack and she was crying and screaming. Isaac looked over at her and said, "It's ok lily...but we can't get your snack out of bear's belly. he ate it and it is in his belly and we can't get it out because bear has tape on his belly." Little minds trying to figure out life...precious.


Isaac and Lily dancing in my room. One of their favorite things to do. The turn on the clock radio as loud as it will go.



I took this in the mall the other day. We went to look for a fathers day present (really really big shark jammies...that is the only thing that Isaac wants to get Dan and I have looked EVERYWHERE...even spent hours online...I don't think that they exist) and as we walked through the mall Isaac and Lily literally held hands the entire time.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love the story about Noah...and that picture of the two of them holding hands. Good stuff.