Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lily's Fancy Costume Party










For Lily's 4th birthday I told her that we would do whatever kind of part she wanted to do and she could pick out everything.  She decided that she wanted to do a "Fancy Costume Party."  So that's just what we did.  She wanted to wear a costume that was both fancy and scary, so she picked out this sorceress costume.  She told me that she wanted to give each guest at her party a pumpkin and a flower to take home with them.  It ended up making the table look beautiful.  We got little vases for each girl to take home along with their pumpkin.  lily asked that we would serve crepes, strawberries, and cupcakes at her party.  The friends that she invited were, Libby and Addy (from preschool), Penny (Isaac's new friend Quinten's little sister), Ella and Noah Potoshnick (noah was the only boy invited other than isaac), and Angela (from church).  We played classical music.  They all decorated crowns, made necklaces and bracelets, we played hot potato (pretty unsuccessfully while Dan tried to do music...fyi...jock jams are NOT appropriate for 4 year olds), and did a burst the balloon/candy game.  It was a super sweet little party.  By the time the final guest was leaving lily was laying on the floor wearing only a pair of green undies having a total melt down.  Typical :)

A couple other sweet things of late to mention...  The other day I was reading a book to lily and it said something about love.  Lily looks at me and says, "mommy, I love love, will you kiss me?"  It was one of the sweetest moments.  This little girl is just full of love and I LOVE it!!!

This week Isaac, Johnny, and I were on the way home from taking Lily to preschool.  Isaac from the way back yells up to me, "Mom, I hope Lily and I die on the same day."  I say, "what??".  He says, "I don't want to die, but I hope that when I do die, that lily and I die on the same day."  I ask, "why?".  He says, "because I want to get to heaven on the same day as Lily."  My heart just about burst.  These two have the sweetest little relationship and I love it!!  

What a gift it is to be a mom!!

PS - Johnny has been such a wonderful gift!!  He is growing so fast and changing every day.  He LOVES to be in the middle of the action.  He gets very upset when I try to put him off to the side in a chair or a swing.  But if Lily or Isaac go over there and play with him, talk to him, or sing to him, he is all smiles and coos.  It's so fun to have a warm and snuggly baby to rock and to hold.  I am just eating this up!!  I say just about every day to dan that I am just blown away that we have another beautiful and healthy child.  He is such an amazing little boy!!!



No comments: