Thursday, October 4, 2012

Johnny Boy

Last night I was saying to Dan how much I love babies.  I've been surprised with each child how much I have adored each of my babies.  I'm just not really a baby person, so it surprises me every time!! Before I had Isaac I just had no idea how I would feel and was afraid that I wouldn't be cut out for this baby thing.  And then I looked at his round little face and I couldn't have imagined loving anything more. When I was about to have lily, I thought that I would just be too overwhelmed having two under the age of two to really enjoy another baby.  And then she came and again I was so shocked at how much I not only loved another baby, but how much I enjoyed her as a baby.  When I was pregnant with Johnny, I was really feeling worried about entering back into this baby phase.  As I thought back it felt like it was going to be a struggle to again go through all the diapers and spit up and waking up in the night and nursing non stop, especially with Isaac and Lily being at such fun and demanding ages.  Well, yet again I have been surprised.  I am totally in love with this little baby boy.  I love every time he wakes up and looking into his eyes and hearing those sweetest noises in the whole world that tiny babies make.  I love that he is so simple, his needs are simple, and the only way to be with him is just to look into his eyes and be with him.

It has been such a joy to welcome Johnny into the family.  It's strange that it's only been two months and I cannot imagine life without him.  He adds a dynamic to our family that is wonderful and beautiful.  Children are truly one of the greatest blessings that God can give.  Thank you God!!

Isaac and Lily have embraced Johnny wholeheartedly.  I guess that they do pretty much everything that they do wholeheartedly.  They are all over him all the time, which is both so sweet and endearing, and also kind of driving me crazy :)  Isaac is surprisingly sweet and gentle with Johnny.  He is always kissing him and singing this little song to him that goes like this, "I love you brubber (brother), I love you brubber, I love you brubber."  That's it...just over and over and over.  Again, amazingly sweet and also kind of driving me crazy.  Lily is always singing, not just to johnny, but whatever she is doing she is singing (which melts my heart EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!) but if johnny is crying she will always include him in whatever song she may be singing at the time.

We love you Johnny and are soooooo glad to have you in the family!!!









A Lily favorite from today:   I told lily that it was time to go for a nap and she said, "what I hate about naps is that you aren't with your mom... what I love about naps is that you get to snuggle with your blankies."  Priceless!!  I have the best job in the whole world!!

No comments: