Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Art

Before Christmas I decided to try painting. I have always wanted to try, but since I've never actually "learned how", I thought that it wouldn't be worth it. I finally just went to the art store, bought some paints and started. I have LOVED IT!!!! As soon as I put the kids for their naps I break out the paints. I wish that I had taken pics of a bunch of the stuff that I made for Christmas presents, but today I took some pictures of other pieces that I have recently finished and wanted to share them with you. Today I just finished "51" and I think it is my favorite thus far. It was a very large canvas...so that presented new challenges. Here's a sampling.

"51" - the small writing is psalm 51.

This is just a closer look.

"Lay your deadly doing down" - This was for Dan for Christmas. It has his favorite quote on it (Lay your deadly doing down, down at Jesus' feet, stand in him, in him alone, wondrously complete: James Proctor).

This one I actually made awhile ago. It is made with all different fabrics. It speaks to me all the time!!!

3 comments:

Bronwen said...

Meghan-thanks for posting these! You have quite a style! I"m impressed....please keep the pics coming, I'm inspired. :)

Liz said...

You are VERY talented. We must be in the same place in life...not only did we get a Wii for Christmas, I happened to attend an art class last night where I painted on canvas for the very first time. I'm not sure my "masterpiece" deserves any viewing over the internet, but I was pretty happy with it! If you start any other hobbies, let me know...I may be doing the same thing. ;)

amyp said...

I know this comment is incredibly random, but I just wanted to let you know...your art is incredible. And please, please keep pouring it out. Keep finding time to put these pieces together. I have been blown away as I've looked at the pictures. The beauty and the depth is out of control awesome. Please keep doing it!!!