Monday, August 24, 2009

Total Blog Loser

So, I'm a total blog loser. This is the longest I have gone without a post since Isaac was BORN!! Even sitting here typing right now, I feel totally defeated in some strange way. I honestly don't know where the whole last month has gone. Let's see what I can remember...

1. we put our house for sale,
2. we kept our house REALLY REALLY clean for a week,
3. I drove to cincinnati and dropped off isaac, picked up my sister.
4. Lauren, Lily, and I headed to Young Life camp, Windy Gap.
5. Three days later Windy Gap kind of kicked us out of our room (due to the swine flu) and we were one our way back to Cincinnati. (lots and lots of crying in the car...mostly by Lily)
6. Found out that our house sold and we had to move out by Sept. 10th.
7. Got REALLY sad about selling our house.
8. Came home.
9. Spent two weeks FRANTICALLY searching for a new house.
10. Put offers on 6 different houses, and either didn't come to terms, got outbid, came to terms and then failed inspection, and then FINALLY (as of today) got everything settled to buy a new house that we actually feel very very excited about. Closing day - Sept. 30th
11. Took Isaac and Lily to the beach downtown with my friend Nicole and her two little ones.
12. Enjoyed the sand, water, beautiful city and thought about living at the beach for the rest of the summer.
13. Did not enjoy finding my way out of the city - lots of construction, detours, etc., and it took 2 hours to get home in what should have taken 40 minutes.
14. Have thought a lot about packing and boxes and storage units and PODS and how much stuff we can cram in Dan's mom's garage, but haven't done one tangible thing about moving.
15. Found a friend from middle school on facebook, found out she lives in Chicago, got together, and found out she is moving to Boston in two weeks. hahahahaha
16. Have been on a mission to not by ANYTHING from the grocery store and just try to eat everything in our house before we move.
17. If you like canned or frozen food you are invited over my house for dinner or lunch anytime in the next 2.5 weeks....not kidding.
18. In the last 2 days I have eaten 3 lean pockets. They are yummy.
19. A few days ago Dan and I went into the city for our anniversary and spent the night at the W Hotel (sans kiddos). It was wonderful. No Pics.
20. Have not taken any pictures of anything.

OK - so, my life is pretty boring and busy and silly. Ok...maybe not boring. But definitely busy and silly!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well at least you have a long list of things that you've done while being a blog loser. I can't even remember all that I've been doing since my last post.

And ps --2 hours to get home from the beach?!? I hope that they were both snoozing.

Bronwen said...

Oi. You are not a blog loser in my book, I say it is all icing on the cake! That is so fun you stayed at the W...I LOVE that hotel...good luck w/ the huge move-wow-that is amazing!