Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Isaac

This is a prayer that I wrote this morning:

Dear God - This morning I am praising you for the gift of Isaac. There aren't even words to describe the gratitude I feel for having him as my son. Thank you so much for giving me this little boy that brightens my soul and makes me laugh and melts my heart. Thank you for creating Isaac. Thank you for his unique beauty. Thank you that he is my son and that we get to share such an intimiate relationship. Over the last two years, getting to know Isaac makes me want to worship you more because it has allowed me to see another side of you. Please direct me and guide me as his mom. Show me how to love Isaac, how to give grace to Isaac, and also how to set boudaries for him. Please help me to be first when I need to be firm and please help me to laugh in the moments when 'I need to laugh. Give me the grace I need to meet ISaac in the places of his unique needs. Lord, most of all I pray that you will be his joy, his strength, his water in this dry land, his protector, his keeper, and that he will come to know the depths of your love and grace towards him. Thank you again for one of the most precious gifts of my life, a little boy named Isaac.

Below is a little picture mosiac I created. There is one picture for each month of his life.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Two Years Old
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ok, so I've got tears in my eyes. I think I pray all the same things throughout each day for both of my little ones, but never have read it all in writing.
You're a wonderful mother...if only for praying these things for your precious son!
Keep up the great work!!!