Saturday, January 31, 2009

30 on the 30th

My favorite husband turned 30 yesterday. As we were walking out of the house to go over to his mom's for a little birthday celebration I said, "do you remember when we were kids and there was that show on TV that our parents watched called Thirty Something?" And Dan said, "yeah, they may as well called it Ancient Something." I said, "yeah, I know, the whole concept of being 30 just seemed so old." Well, once you are there...it seems a lot less old. Below are some pics of the birthday celebration.




Dan and his 30 balloon.


Rachel, Emma, and Isaac. Emma is kind of in love with Isaac. She is always reaching for him and wanting him to come closer and closer and give her more and more and more kisses.
Lily and her mimi. Not quite sure what Lily is trying to say right here, but she's definitely giving the camera some attitude.

Lily and Emma. Neither of them at their best :)

We walked away for one minute and come back to find Isaac and Emma laying down together AND holding hands. We are going to have to keep our eye on these two.


Dan holding Noah, and Pish holding Isaac. A bit confusing.


A little birthday celebration at Egglectic, and of our favorite favorite breakfast/lunch restaurants.


Isaac is giving his order to the waiter. He always has so many stipulations. Quite the high maintenance little bugger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Meghan,

This will probably be one of the strangest and most unexpected comments you have ever received on your blog. I tried to find an email address for you, but failing to do so, I'm leaving a comment instead in the hopes of contacting you.

My name is Jonathan Harris, and I'm a digital artist based in New York. A few years ago I made a project called "We Feel Fine" (http://wefeelfine.org), which collects human feelings from the Internet. Basically, it searches blogs for occurrences of the phrase "i feel", and when it finds an occurrence, it automatically adds the surrounding sentence to a database. The project has been running for more than three years, and collects around 20,000 new feelings per day, having collected around 13 million feelings in all.

I often give public talks about the project, and whenever I do (this is the weird part), I always show a photo from your blog, which is my very favorite photo that We Feel Fine has ever collected. It was from way back in 2005, and is from a post when you were talking about your Dad: http://lifethroughmeghanseyes.blogspot.com/2005/10/my-dad-ive-had-this-picture-sitting-on.html

This photo, and the poetry of the sentence that accompanies it (http://wefeelfine.org/gallery/montage.php?id=73) has brought many people to tears.

There's even a video of a talk I gave last year at a conference called PopTech in Camden Maine, where I asked audience members to share a story from their own lives that your photo caused them to remember. If you're interested, you can see that talk here: http://www.poptech.org/popcasts/PopCasts.aspx?viewcastid=165 . In response, one woman in the audience said: "my Dad died before I was born and I only wish I had a photo of him holding me".

Anyway, I'm writing first to thank you for your beautiful poetic picture, which has, for me at least, come to represent the project, like an unofficial mascot. Secondly, we are currently working on a We Feel Fine book, to be published by Simon & Schuster, and I would LOVE to include your picture somewhere in the book. In a sense, the book would feel incomplete without it.

Anyway, as I said, I'm sure this is the strangest blog comment you've ever gotten, but I hope to hear from you anyway!

You can write me back at jjh@number27.org to let me know if you'd feel ok with us including your photo of you and your Dad in the book.

Thanks so much, and hope you're having a great day!

Warmly,

Jonathan (http://number27.org)